Youth Ministry Team
Chad Lorenz - Council Representative
Christine Loppnow - Youth Minister
Team Members: Suzanne Nuernberger, Jill and Mark Beyer, Bob Luedke, Sue DeSautel
Mission Statement: To provide ministry to and with young people (0 to 18 years old), so that they may grow in faith and in their understanding of themselves as Christians, and as members of Christus; to work for the involvement of young people in all aspects of Christus’ life.
Coordinates and oversees:
The Youth Ministry Team oversees all faith education and programming from babies to high school youth. This includes nursery care, Sunday School (in conjunction with the Sunday School team), Vacation Bible School, Confirmation, G2, mission trips and other youth events.
- Provides ways for young people to help others and reflect on their experience in light of the Gospel
- Provide ways for young people to meet young people from the larger church (i.e. synodical, regional, and national Lutheran youth gatherings)
- Provide a system for Christus to maintain contact with young people after their graduation from high school, especially with those who are living apart from their parents or childhood home
- Provide for adequate space and equipment as needed
- Provide ways for Christus to recognize and thank the people who volunteer to teach and lead our youth
Sunday School Team
The Sunday School Team meets separately from the Youth Ministry Team to coordinate all aspects of the Sunday School program. This team then seeks guidance from the Youth Ministry Team.